-got haircut and phone
-creeped on my fab blogs
-thought about how I really need to find something more to do with myself this summer
Currently replacing the pain with a burn.
- Mamihlapinatapei (Yagan, an indigenous language of Tierra del Fuego): The wordless yet meaningful look shared by two people who desire to initiate something, but are both reluctant to start.
- Yuanfen (Chinese): A relationship by fate or destiny. This is a complex concept. It draws on principles of predetermination in Chinese culture, which dictate relationships, encounters and affinities, mostly among lovers and friends.
- Cafuné (Brazilian Portuguese): The act of tenderly running your fingers through someone's hair.
- Retrouvailles (French): The happiness of meeting again after a long time.
- Ilunga (Bantu): A person who is willing to forgive abuse the first time; tolerate it the second time, but never a third time.
- La Douleur Exquise (French): The heart-wrenching pain of wanting someone you can’t have.
- Koi No Yokan (Japanese): The sense upon first meeting a person that the two of you are going to fall into love.
- Ya’aburnee (Arabic): “You bury me.” It’s a declaration of one’s hope that they’ll die before another person, because of how difficult it would be to live without them.
- Forelsket: (Norwegian): The euphoria you experience when you’re first falling in love.
- Saudade (Portuguese): The feeling of longing for someone that you love and is lost. Another linguist describes it as a "vague and constant desire for something that does not and probably cannot exist."
- Oomox (Ferengi): the closest English translation would be 'a stroking of one's earlobes to demonstrate affection' but is much more complicated.
The first time when I saw her being meek that she might attain height.
The second time when I saw her limping before the crippled.
The third time when she was given to choose between the hard and the easy, and she chose the easy.
The fourth time when she committed a wrong, and comforted herself that others also commit wrong.
The fifth time when she forbore for weakness, and attributed her patience to strength.
The sixth time when she despised the ugliness of a face, and knew not that it was one of her own masks.
And the seventh time when she sang a song of praise, and deemed it a virtue.” —Kahlil Gibran, Sand and Foam (via aer0phanesorceress)
- Guyanese dance party with my cousins <3
- More videos, more photos, more documentation
- Play day in downtown LA
- Hiking with the Fink in Corona
- Camp or Cabin for a weekend?
- Go sledding and have a snowfight
- Curl up in front of my fireplace with some chai
- Make a Christmas card for everybody
- Decorate a Christmas tree
- Finally print those pictures of the family for my dorm
- Remind my loved ones how important they are
- Re-focus myself on my future, and on reaching my goals
- Throw a winter party for my friends
- Be nicer to my mom and dad
- Treat Bhavani to something special, like Jab Tak Hain Jaan
- Go to Hawthorne and Simi for a few days to hear my grandparents stories
- Hike in the Simi mountains
- Get presents for the family.
- Curl up on my couch at home with blankets and my brother and watch movies
- Come to terms with everything…in time for New Year’s.
Damn you Bollywood for raising all my expectations of life.
This is unrealistic and probably a bit unhealthy.